Discover a magnificent underground world covered in salt! We will take on unforgettable tour to Wieliczka city where the historic Salt Mine is located. It is on the UNESCO list of the World Heritage Site and is recognized in Poland as the official historic National Monument. It’s also one of the most attractive touristic destination in the whole country. Don’t wait and book your tour today!
Private tour from Krakow to Wieliczka
Our company offers you the private guided tour from Krakow. It is the city located around 15 km from Wieliczka. The ride takes around 30 minutes from Krakow down town. The plan of the our is easy:
- You book your tour on our website and pick the time of the tour. We do recommend to go not later that 11:00 am. The earliest hour is 8:30 am.
- Our driver picks you up from your hotel in any part of the city and take you directly to Wieliczka.
- You travel for about 1 h 10 min in a comfortable private car and relax. The English-speaking driver is willing to answer you any questions and always happy to help.
- You visit the Salt Mine with our private local guide. The visit takes around 3 h.
- When you’re ready to go, our driver picks you up from the meeting point and you drive back to Krakow.
- The driver drops you off at your hotel in Krakow or at any other spot in the city you wish to go.
Please make a note in your reservation if:
- You are planning to visit Wieliczka in a bigger group (more than 4 people), please contact us. We will arrange the bigger vehicle (minivan or bus).
- Any of the passengers need the wheelchair assistance. There are touristic routes in Wieliczka Salt Mine that are adjusted for wheelchairs.
- You are travelling with infants.
- You wish to have a guide in language other than English. We cooperate with guides, who speak German, Russian, Italian, French, Spanish or Deutch. However, they are not always available.
- You have any special needs – we will do our best to provide the facilities.
To sum up, we provide:
a Pick up and drop off in your hotel in Krakow
a English/German/French/Italian/Russian/Spanish speaking driver
a Private guide
a Comfortable, air-conditioned car
a Flexibility, experience
a Nice atmosphere
The magnificent Salt Mine in Wieliczka
The Salt Mine dates back to the XIII century and it stopped to do the deposit exploitation in 1992. It’s on the UNESCO list of World Heritage Site and is recognized as the official national Historic Monument of Poland. It hosts the record-breaking amounts of visitors from around the world. It owes its great popularity to its unique characteristics and inimitable collections.
During your Wieliczka Salt Mine tour you will have a chance to see 20 beautiful chambers, each with some different features. Besides the chambers, you’ll also see the treasury and imposing chapels. In the main chamber you’re going to see the magnificent chandelier made entirely of salt.
The whole touristic route is 3 km long and it takes around 2-3 hours time. They are located from 65 to 135 meters underground.
However, you can also take another route that is called ‘the Miner’s Route’. It is dedicated for adventurous people who would like to feel like real miners and want to explore the mine even deeper. You will get the professional equipment as well, as miner’s uniform. You will have chance to have a ride in the oldest existing mine shaft, the Regis.
Any route you chose, the unforgettable experience is guaranteed. Don’t wait and book a tour with Day Tours Krakow today!
Wieliczka Salt Mine – good to know
- During the tour you will have to take around 800 steps so don’t forget to take comfortable shoes with you. The route can be slippery – watch your steps carefully.
- Keep in mind that the temperature inside the mine can be very low. During the summertime the temperature amplitude it’s even bigger, so take care of yourself and take a coat with you.
- There is the touristic route in Wieliczka Salt Mine adjusted for wheelchairs, but please let us know while booking, if you need the wheelchair assistance.
- There are kiosks with snacks and beverages available inside the mine.
- There are shops with unique, salty souvenirs inside the mine.
- Take the good camera with you, as there are going to be magnificent views to capture!
Krakow – best places to see
Krakow is the former capital of Poland with prominently rich history. You can see it in its diverse architecture from many historical periods as well as in its magnificent monuments – many of them are on the UNESCO list of the World Heritage Site. It is called ‘the city of Kings’ and is one of the oldest towns in the country. It is visited by millions of tourists every year.
Even if you’re on tight schedule and you have only few hours, there are many spots in the city, that you can really enjoy. Here’s some of the best places to see in the city:
- Wawel Royal Castle – place where many of the most significant kings of Poland ruled, died, or made an important decision for the history of the country. It amazes with its variety of architecture styles as well as with its notable size.
- Saint Mary Basilica – located in the Main Square of Krakow. Every hour you can hear the bugle call from one of the Basilica’s tower. It’s connected with the famous legend that probably every citizen can tell you about.
- Cloth Hall – located in the very center of Krakow. It was the center of the national trade in the Medieval Times. Today you can also buy souvenirs in there – many of them made by the local folk artists.
- National Museum – the main museum of the city with numerous works of art of the most significant Polish artists.
- Kosciuszko Mound – located in the beautiful, leafy area of Zwierzyniec district. You can see the picturesque panorama of Krakow from its top.
There are also plenty of bars and clubs where you can have fun all night long. Numerous concerts, plays and exhibitions are also available every day in Krakow, especially in the summertime.
Our other services
Check also our tour to Auschwitz – another obligatory place for everyone visiting Krakow. Discover the atrocities of the World War II that and the horror of Holocaust.